Before the revolution, Red square was an ordinary square with horse-drawn carriage, used as transport. Tall street lamps were illuminating the road.
01. There is no graveyard near the wall with the Mausoleum.
02. The Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge had a heavy traffic.
03. Spasskaya Tower was used as a gate to Kremlin. Passing through it, one had to take off a hat and to make the sign of the cross.
04. The Monument to Minin and Pozharsky is not near the Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed. That time it was located near the Upper trading ranges (GUM for now), as you can see from the first picture
07. The monument to Zhukov is not constructed near the State Historical Museum yet.
08. The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour raises above the Moskva River. This is the original cathedral that was exploded later on.
09. The Bolshoy Kamenny Bridge was also popular.
10. The view of Moscow with Kremlin in the distance.
Be First to Comment