Frosty evening at “Otrada” park.
1. “Otrada” park is not big. It is located ashore the river with romantic name Likhoborka (I’ve always liked its name) near “Vladykino” metro station.
2. Likhoborka is one of the widest tributaries of Yauza. Its water doesn’t freeze at -20°C. The water is a bit dirty, but doesn’t stink. There are some environmentally unfriendly plants at its shores and some snow-melting equipment.
3. The park was established 10 years ago. The river shores were cleared, stone paths were paved, rest squares were arranged, pedestrian bridges were mounted. It became a very cozy and nice place, even though the river’s water leaves much to be desired.
4. It’s even more beautiful in the evening.
5. Likhoborka’s tributaries also have poetic names: Businka, Norishka, Zhabenka, Korovy Vrag, Vladykinsky brook. Most of them are hidden into tubes, however.
6. Volga’s water, transferred from Himki’s reservoir to Yauza and Moskva river, makes Likhoborka full-water.
7. The sun is leaving, so are we.
Be First to Comment